At Alexa Shopping our vision is to create the world's most knowledgeable product expert who knows you, in a store that sells everything. We want customers to think of Alexa as their personal shopping assistant, providing a better experience than in any shop or store, saving our customers’ time, and help them make better shopping decisions. We need to respond to any and all customer questions with a useful answer, no matter how personal or subjective. Our team is at the intersection of emerging technology, and the capabilities Amazon's customers know and trust. Daily we are defining new interaction models which will reach customers at scale.
Alexa Shopping seeks a senior UX researcher to lead quantitatively focused customer experience research for key areas of our business. The ideal candidate has defined and conducted original research and experiments that drives teams to build simple, intuitive, and delightful global products. They will take ownership to raise the bar of our user research team's quantitative skills and drive our UX perspective on quantitative data to help stakeholders understand their own views. They will distill and transform these inputs into holistic short and long-term research plans conducted with rigor and best practices. An ideal candidate constantly seek to understand customer needs, then drive those needs into specific UX. Collaboration is in their DNA, but they also will take a leadership role in their space, driving decisions, and communicating clearly through delivery - all in an environment with high ambiguity.Responsibilities:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize key research needs. Develop prioritization criteria, make recommendations based on analysis of current knowledge, gain input and buy-in from key partners, identify project goals and risks.
- Create and execute comprehensive research plans. Primarily creating our UX perspective on quantitative data to help stakeholders understand their own views then distill and transform these inputs into holistic short and long-term research plans conducted with rigor and best practices.
- Drive action through compelling research artifacts. Perform quick but thorough data analysis to create insightful and actionable findings in pragmatic formats (presentations, bugs, documents, videos, etc). Own and drive action resulting from your work in close alignment with design, product, and engineering.
- Advocate for customers and contribute to the product experience roadmap. Present to business and design leadership, and effectively advocate for the customer in a corporate environment. Foster shared understanding of the customer needs and how design, technical, and business intersect to meet them. Define features across applicable devices and locales, for near and long-term delivery.
- Contribute to research best practices and processes. Improve upon existing research processes or invent entirely new ones to help our team be more efficient and effective.