We’re working on the future! Come work with the Amazon Prime Air team!
We're looking for an outstanding CNC Machinist who combines superb technical skills with a passion for manufacturing, building, and complex equipment, machinery and aircraft. This person must collaborate well with our top-notch vehicle designers and integration teams.
We’re looking for someone who innovates and loves solving hard problems. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history! As a CNC Machinist, you will program and set-up CNC machines on multiple platforms. You will fabricate components, fixtures and equipment for prototype and production UAVs. Using metrology methods and equipment, you will ensure the parts conform to engineering specifications. You will work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans.
Export Control License: This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- Operate and mentor a small team in the manufacturing department with CNC mills, routers and other types of automated equipment
- Analyze machined parts and assemblies with portable metrology equipment such as Arms and trackers
- Design, fabricate and build tooling and fixtures to support building UAVs
- Assemble and integrate prototype and production UAVs
- Build and maintain equipment, test fixtures, and ground station equipment