Amazon is continuing to expand globally into new marketplaces and new businesses. Global Browse Taxonomy is a team of Taxonomists, Classification Specialists, Software Developers, Research Scientists, Data Analysts, PMs, and TPMs that collectively are responsible for the Amazon taxonomy in all target languages and marketplaces. Our taxonomy not only powers the customer browsing experience, but also serves as the data provider for many other services across the company.
With a mission to provide customers with an intuitive and fluid ability to find and discover products in all of our target markets, the Global Browse Team is Amazon's authoritative voice on taxonomy management. We are tasked with building a unique, compelling browse experience specifically tailored to enhance exploration and discoverability through customer-centric categories and refinements.
We are looking for a passionate, customer-focused, and results-oriented Senior Program Manager to drive delivery of medium to large, complex projects and strategic initiatives, who can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering initiatives for internal customers including category business teams in all marketplaces and Amazon technical teams who leverage our taxonomy.
Responsibilities include collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, driving project schedules, and managing program launches. You will be expected to prioritize technical implementation, optimize time-to-market, and clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional project teams working in locales across the globe.
The successful candidate will:
- Display a superior ability to work effectively across organizations, anticipate bottlenecks, manage escalations, prioritize, make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints
- Be able to assess complex projects and programs and break them down into manageable pieces, while communicating with and mentoring teams to allow them to deliver results in a successful and timely manner
- Possess maturity, good judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical expertise, and leadership, which are essential to success in this role.
- Thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities
- Adapt easily to tools, processes, and best practices, which are continually and rapidly evolving
- Possess a strong program management background and demonstrated experience leading medium-to-large projects