Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo device families including Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus, Echo Show and Echo Spot. The Echo device families are the groundbreaking Amazon devices designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for experienced Software Development Engineer to join our team for the development of our cloud platform that enables innovative speech devices like Amazon Echo. Your job will be to work with multiple software engineers and other team members, Product and Program Managers to design and develop new ways of providing exciting and compelling experiences. You'll measure your success by the quality of your execution, the pace of innovation you help drive, and the increased satisfaction you deliver. If you’re ready to make a difference at a company that matters, if you want huge challenges to tackle, we would love to talk to you.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design and architecture of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know..
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation and thinks big