At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Second Son, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Guild Wars 2, EverQuest and H1Z1
Amazon Game Studios is looking for an exceptionally skilled Character Artist. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering world class characters in video games. In this role, you will collaborate with the Art Director, Character Lead, and a team of artists to help create inspired and expertly executed character models.
You will be able to work independently and also be comfortable with giving direction and artistic critique. You’ll be working within a multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, and developers and will have the ability to both share your hard earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
· Maintain a high level of quality while working with design and deadline constraints
· Create a range of high quality characters based on concept art.
· Sculpt high-resolution character models in Zbrush and/or other 3D packages.
· Create clean, low-resolution game topology, uv’s, and textures.
· Work with the art director, character team and others to set the visual style and quality bar.
· Must work well in a team environment with the ability to receive and give feedback with gracious consideration. Must communicate well with teammates outside of the character team.
· Engage in technical and aesthetic problem solving efforts.
· Complete work under reasonable deadlines.