We are looking for a dynamic, organized, and energetic Training Specialist to join Amazon’s Global Security Academy (GSA) in Goodyear, AZ. In this role, the specialist will facilitate new hire and professional development training for members of our Loss Prevention team and our Security Risk Analysts.
GSA’s primary goal is to help our audiences be more effective and productive in their roles and improve their business interactions with Amazon. To do so, we drive the standardization, optimization, and automation of role and skill-based security training. This includes the skills required to investigate, analyze, synthesize, and take action on a variety of issues which have the potential to negatively impact Amazon’s people, data, and assets.
To be successful in this role the individual should be a skilled facilitator and dedicated to improving customer performance. Applicants must have a track record for performing well in spite of complex or ambiguous challenges. Experience in a related industry (e.g. Workplace Safety) is preferred but not required.
Providing work samples is encouraged. Specific Expectations
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Support the planning, scheduling, and coordination of all required new hire training
- Partner with managers to ensure new hire onboarding plans are implemented and evaluated per GSA standards
- Provide reports and statistics on training performance against goals
- Assist in the development of lesson plans, role plays, and simulations
- Partner with Program Managers, Project Managers, and Instructional Designers to design, develop, and evaluate learning initiatives
- Assess attainment of learner outcomes and performance
- Provide peer mentoring post-training to ensure operational success and coaching when performance gaps are identified
- Lead by example, modeling Amazon’s leadership principles
This is Goodyear, AZ based role and relocation is not available
- Experience in the delivery and evaluation of instructional content that supports multiple methods of delivery (classroom, on-the-job, online, etc.)
- Foundational knowledge in the psychology of learning and in systems thinking and analysis
- Superb communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Great eye for usability and judgment for when/how to leverage available solutions and resources to close gaps