Do you have passion for building exceptional experiences for your customers? Have you demonstrated successful product design? Are you equally strong at concept and execution? Can you make new interaction so intuitive and easy-to-use it feels familiar? Can you collaborate with a cross-functional team to deliver innovative results? Join Amazon's Alexa Shopping team and help us pioneer a new way of shopping.
Alexa Shopping seeks a UX Designer to lead product design development for our selection, cart, and checkout experience. Our team is at the intersection of emerging technology and the core retail capabilities Amazon's customers know and trust. Daily, we are defining new interaction models which will reach customers at scale. The ideal candidate is at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then driving that vision into clear design artifacts. They are comfortable working in an Agile environment with user research, engineering, and product management partners. They have a comprehensive understanding of the current state of eCommerce and voice assistant applications with a critical awareness of user-centered design. Responsibilities
- Deliver design artifacts to communicate CX. Identify and create design at appropriate fidelity. To this end, develop conceptual models, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to communicate both high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
- Collaborating effectively with an Agile, multi-disciplinary team. Work closely with product managers, hardware, software and firmware developers, and other designers to define and produce innovative solutions to customer problems.
- Contribute to the customer experience roadmap. Define features across applicable devices and locales, for near and long-term delivery.
- Use behavioral and research data to support your design. Substantiate your work with quantitative, behavioral data, customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Define patterns. Develop and maintain specifications others can apply to scale.
- Advocate for and follow customer-centered design. Present to business and design leadership, and effectively advocate for the customer in a corporate environment. Foster shared understanding of the customer needs and how design, technical, and business intersect to meet them.