Join us in building the next generation of distributed systems and database technologies to power AWS and Amazon.com!
The cloud computing platform Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided a highly robust and scalable web services platform for years. As AWS and Amazon.com continue to grow to serve more customers, and to support more products, the foundational technologies of AWS also need to evolve and support new use cases and larger scale than ever before. The AWS Transactional Services team in Seattle is building distributed systems and database technologies that offer innovative solutions to this growth. The team is offering a set of services, APIs and libraries to other Amazon teams. Our customers are a wide range of internal teams, from AWS to Alexa, each of them looking for technology solutions that help them to achieve their goals.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be joining the team that builds these solutions. Our systems are scalable, fast, low-latency, and offer elegant solutions to our customers' complex problems. You will be leading a team of software developers that owns several of these services, and contribute to our customer experience.
Your responsibilities include:
- Own the delivery of software development projects end-to-end.
- Define your team's roadmap and manage the ongoing projects, keeping customers informed, update senior management, and represent the team to their dependencies.
- Work with the engineers in your team to invent, design, and develop highly available and scalable distributed systems and database technologies.
- Work with your team, your peers, senior management, and senior engineers to implement best practices in software development and operational processes.
- Engage with customers directly, and via e.g. forum posts, blog posts, and meet-ups.
- Develop and grow the members of your team, as well as mentoring others.
- Keep up to date with new technologies used in the field and by our customers, to stay current in our rapidly changing environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation