At Goodreads, our mission is to help people find and share books they love. We are seeking a talented and passionate Senior User Researcher. As a member of our UX design team, you'll be responsible for conducting and synthesizing mixed-method research including user interviews, surveys, concept testing, and usability testing. A core part of your mission will be to ensure that the products we design are responsive to user needs. As a User Researcher, you will also be responsible for further integrating user research into the design process and educating your peers on user research best practices.
You will lead research for major design initiatives, including updates to our core web and native app experiences and other highly visible projects. You will work on overlapping projects, so strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task are critical. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and will be able to thrive in a resource constrained environment.
Our mission at Goodreads is to help people find and share books they love. Along the way, we plan to improve the experience of reading and learning throughout the world. Our office is located in downtown San Francisco and we have about 150 employees. Goodreads is the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations and we have over 75 million members with more than 1.5 billion books added to their shelves.
- Champion and continue to grow the research and design culture, creating programs and systems that drive and foster a focus on user centered design.
- Conduct research using a variety of methods, including user interviews, ethnographic research, diary studies, surveys, concept testing, and usability testing.
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of the user research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating, budgeting research).
- Collaborate with designers and product managers to identify strategic research opportunities that will have a high impact on the company and the Goodreads community.
- Work with stakeholders to understand research needs and develop clear/detailed research proposals that outline the goals, participant characteristics, methodology and timelines.
- Evangelize research findings to cross-functional audiences within the organization through presentations and written reports.