Our team builds the tools and processes that deliver the computing resources that Amazon’s software teams need to build and grow their services. As an infrastructure service provider, we own the processes and tools that Amazon business teams use to plan, order, receive, and manage server capacity. What we do matters; every customer who uses Amazon’s products is supported by the computing infrastructure we provide!
Our priorities are to (1) provide Amazon teams with reliable, rapid access to the compute capacity they need, anywhere they do business; (2) enable business and finance teams to responsibly manage growth and exercise controllership; (3) eliminate waste and identify opportunities to reduce the cost per unit of work; (4) minimize infrastructure operations burden so that software teams can spend more time building great new services and products for Amazon customers.
Are you excited about building tools that directly impact Amazon’s business? We need a strong technical leader to innovate in optimizing utilization of compute capacity, forecasting scaling needs, and building tools that enable us to effectively and efficiently manage Amazon’s massive compute infrastructure.
If you’re excited about building software that makes a huge impact to our entire company as well as the bottom line then you will fit in here. We’re looking for an experienced SDE to invent and execute their ideas in a fast-paced, challenging and very fun environment. You will lead a team of developers, mentor them, grow their technical skills, and set a high bar for quality, customer experience, and delivering results that last. We're building software that will not only make an impact today, but will enable Amazon to continue to scale tomorrow and beyond. We're creative, passionate, and we constantly challenge the way things have traditionally been done in our space. Zeal for delivering high quality software and customer happiness is essential.
You will make a tremendous impact on Amazon’s business by enhancing and building these tools. You will have the opportunity to leverage Amazon Web Services and a wide variety of technologies and frameworks.
- We're building web services in Ruby, Scala, Java, and back-end infrastructure built on top of Amazon Web Services. Our full stack currently leverages DynamoDB, RDS, EC2, Lambda and S3.
- We're building engaging websites using Ruby/Rails/React and the latest graphing and visualization technologies.
- We're building tools that analyze large amounts of data (i.e. utilization data, AWS usage and billing data), crunch numbers and display visualizations that provide users with insight into this rich data.
- Build software to analyze hardware inventory, usage, and financial cost models and make data-driven recommendations to Amazon's business owners that significantly reduce their costs.
- We are responsible end-to-end for all products we design and launch. They will be used company-wide and make a huge business impact.