Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are currently seeking an Environmental Compliance Program Manager to join our team. We are looking for an experienced professional to drive the environmental compliance program, with a focus on REACH, RoHS, Prop65, WEEE, Battery, and packaging. The qualified professional will combine high-level, strategic consulting along with a strong technical foundation. This position will support the overall environmental business, sustainability, and hazards chemical objectives.
The Environmental Compliance Program Manager is responsible for evaluating, tracking and documenting our compliance with all appropriate directives, standards, and laws. Environmental Compliance. They will perform a full range of moderate to complex duties including collecting, segregating, storing and documenting compliance product testing and hazardous chemicals used by Amazon suppliers in production of our products.
Candidates must be motivated self-starter that can work both independently and with others in a fast paced, ambiguous environment. Responsibilities:
- Working with our Engineers, Legal, and suppliers to ensure global environmental compliance for our products. Advise cross-functional teams on environmental compliance issues, solutions, and provide alternative substance choices.
- Enforce compliance with worldwide restricted substance requirements such as RoHS 2, REACH and
- Conflict Minerals and perform audits to ensure requirements are complied with and followed.
- WEEE, Packaging and Battery recycling management. Manage reporting, payment and registration obligations with recyclers and regulating authorities.
- Managed Compliance Improvement process internally to streamline and improve compliance policies
- Implement new concepts for lifecycle assessment.
- Train and promote awareness of environmental and quality requirements by working with the internal team, suppliers, and contract manufacturer staff.
- Interpretation of laws and legislation and how they impact the business.
- Oversee Materials database. Define compliance metrics and take necessary corrective actions when issues identified.
- Working with Environmental Program Managers, Legal and Product Managers to establish the appropriate Environmental Compliance scope of work for each product.
- Developing collaborative working relationships with Amazon contract manufacturers, component suppliers, and 3rd party test vendors. Working with the supply chain suppliers to ensure Amazon products comply with environmental laws, regulations, and drive process improvements.
- Maintain the Environmental Compliance database to track and store environmental compliance evidence. Evaluate, recommend and drive implementation of hardware/ software solutions for environmental compliance needs.
- Establishing and updating processes, specifications, and/or policies for Environmental Compliance, sustainability, and hazardous chemicals in the production processes.
Tavel up to 10% per year.