Amazon is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best in class consumer product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
As a founding member of the team, you will work alongside with product management, research, design, and engineering (EE/ME) to define and build this new product. This position requires deep customer focus, the ability to dive deep and invent, and the ability to make hard decisions fast.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the system architectures and module designs of a new product. You will be the owner of all aspects of ME product design. You should have experience designing and analyzing complex consumer devices that have shipped at medium to high volumes, and have worked in all stages of the product lifecycle.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup like environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for:
- All aspect of the products mechanical design
- Working closely with engineering (EE, SDE), Industrial design, UX, product management, and research to drive new product development programs from concept to production
- Starting with the customer experience to create product that have functional beauty and delight our users.
- Developing advanced technology platforms that can be broadly applied
- Documenting detailed product requirements
- Maintaining high level of communications with cross-functional team, and partners
- Mentoring colleagues
- Prototyping to quickly answer questions and make design decisions