Do you want to help shape the future of running compute servers on the Amazon Web Services cloud?
We are hiring a Software Development Manager to make Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) the best place to run enterprise class workloads. As part of our team, you will help build the next generation of features to support industry best compute and storage intensive workloads on Amazon EC2. You will work closely with various pre-released Amazon technologies and build solutions that handle large-scale, highly-available distributed systems.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about working in cutting-edge technologies, brings deep technical knowledge to the job, and has experience with driver development and distributed systems to drive the team to build world-class solutions that will be used at scale. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced manager excited to work on cloud-scale software and who has a proven track record of leading teams that build and ship software solutions.
- Be very hands-on and be a part of the engineering team's day-to-day activities
- Play a role in architecture, design and proof-of-concepts
- Able to handle complex projects, a large area of scope, and complete ownership
- Have excellent customer communications (both internally and externally)
- Able to define the technical strategy of the team
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology
- Be constantly on the lookout for new technologies to incorporate into the team's services
- Have a proven ability to hire and ramp up a team of developers