Sr Software Quality Assurance Manager - Devices OS
2 weeks ago(2 weeks ago)
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers customer-obsessed consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Kindle Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Amazon Fire OS team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Manager to drive world class quality in the software platform that makes a one of a kind experience today, and will enable exciting new capabilities tomorrow.
The successful manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing, able to develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
Responsibilities include understanding how all the various parts of the Kindle software ecosystem work, developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy, overseeing the execution of test plans, and monitoring the progress of testing.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, hands-on manager who has built a high performing test team, with experience operating under short release cycles. He/she will have demonstrated creativity and initiative with product improvements and/or enhancement recommendations in their career.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• 7+ years of industry experience, including at least three years of hands-on testing and 2 years as a manager of a high performance quality assurance team
• 2+ years of experience with test automation
• Experience testing embedded systems and/or mobile consumer electronics devices
• 5+ years of experience in black box and grey box testing methodologies, and standard QA and development tools
• Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel
• Familiarity with testing wireless protocols (Wi-Fi and Ethernet)
• Able to describe QA tool development chains and environments
• Experience testing Android based devices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of working effectively with Development Engineering and other function
• Superior analytical skills, including ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation