We are building a new end-user facing software product at Amazon Web Service (AWS) that will transform many industries and change how people work. This is a rare opportunity to work on a v1 product, being involved in influence the product from the very beginning. Our team is led by well-known executives who have made significant contributions across multiple disciplines and products, and we are looking for the right people to join us on this journey. We are seeking a Senior Program Manager comfortable operating at the intersection of technology and business. This position is a good fit for the strong generalist who is comfortable taking on a variety of functions cutting across product management, analysis, software configuration, and customer support. Successful candidates must be comfortable with learning and understanding how to use new software products and have a passion for solving customer problems.
The candidate will spend a 25-50% of their time interacting with our customers via email, phone, WebEx, and in-person meetings and will require strong communication skills. They have the ability to pick up and act on non-verbal communication. As a v1 product, priorities and needs are constantly changing and many different work streams will constantly be competing for your time and attention. Managing a relatively high velocity of change should be well within the candidate's comfort zone. We invite candidates with unusual backgrounds to apply. For example you you may have a background in product management, account management, engineering, or as a business analyst and be interested in a different kind of role and/or learning more program management.
The ideal candidate will have experience and interest in creating solutions to business problems of various kinds. Work product will vary from planning and coordination materials and internal documentation to helping users use the new product to solve problems in their organization. They will lead workshops with customers and help compose wiki pages and blog posts, adjusting tone and content depth based on the audience. The Product Manager will work with people across our internal marketing, sales, business development and product teams and should have a proven ability to prioritize workload and manage time as appropriate, keeping all stakeholders informed.
This role requires domestic travel up to 20%.
· 5+ years of professional services including but not limited to design, implementation, consulting, in-house use of, or sales experience with SaaS platforms for businesses and consumers.
· Significant experience in application design and modelling and understands trade-offs.
· Conversant in Application Patterns and Architectures, Cloud Infrastructure, Application Delivery, and DevOps
· Build working prototypes, roadmap, and define requirements for customers use cases.
· Fluent in translating technical and business requirements.
· Experience presenting to both large and small audiences (Executives, IT Management, and developers)
· Experience communicating with audiences in large organizations. · 8+ years of experience working with SaaS products
· Experience using and adapting to new software platforms
· Experience in marketing or program management
· Exposure to engineers and technical tools such as Excel, Tableau, Quicksight, or any kind of end-user database software.
· Solution selling experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.