Amazon is continuously striving to be the most customer-centric company in the world. AWS have been helping over one million customers in over 190 countries, from several M&E customer including Netflix to major Media players such as Disney and 21st Century Fox, to deliver flexibility, scalability and reliability across their organizations and their core media workloads. Behind this success is exceptionally talented, bright and driven individuals who work hard, have fun and make history.
As a Media and Entertainment (M&E) Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy for building mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon CloudFront, AWS Media Services, AWS Mobile Hub, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Athena, AWS Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Media Services and AWS Thinkbox and EC2 Spotetc.) within accounts. As a trusted advisor, the Solutions Architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing media workloads to AWS as well as reinventing customers media pipelines on AWS.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges and have a passion for educating, training, and designing cloud solutions for enterprise customers in the M&E space.ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support AWS Account teams to help formulate a strategy for the adoption of AWS within the Media and Entertainment (M&E) vertical.
- Be able to do a deep dive in broadcast specific workloads and toolsets as well as off the shelf partner solutions
- Guide customers to ensure success in building, migrating, and optimizing applications, software and services following the principles of the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Help educate enterprise M&E customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud from both reliability as well as cost perspective keeping into view the peculiarities of the Broadcast requirements.
- Help provide one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architecture community.
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support. Help AWS Media Services teams understand the Voice of the Customer and the update from industry perspective and translate into specific infrastructure feature-set needs
- Be able to occasionally roll up their sleeves and help with quick POCs for customers specific to their depth in M&E space