Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. They can launch a fully operational service with a few clicks for as low as under $1000 per terabyte per year. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Solve problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for developers with expertise and passion for building large scale distributed systems. Experience with parallel query optimization and execution, large scale data highly available/fault tolerant systems, replicated data storage, and operating complex services running in the cloud are all pluses.
In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Coding and testing complex system components
- Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Mentoring other engineers, defining our technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team