Love comics, manga or graphic novels? Come be a leader at comiXology and Kindle Comics, and impact the world of comics!
The comiXology team at Amazon is seeking an innovative, results-oriented product leader based in New York City or Seattle who can own, design, and execute core features and services to deliver value to our customers. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who strives to think strategically about a business and then drive to put those strategies into motion. You will work with your peers across comiXology, Kindle, and Amazon to analyze the business needs, create product requirements, and define the future strategy. You will also work with a number of cross-functional teams including marketing, business development, design, and engineering.
This position plays a key role on a team of world-class professionals who are passionate about building great products for our comic customers. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This role requires the ability to think both strategically and tactically, meaning you are not only able to develop and drive high-level product based initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You must also have the ability to influence across the organization, including senior leadership. This is an exciting opportunity and we guarantee that you’ll learn a lot, have fun, and make a positive impact on millions of people.
In this role, you will be responsible for defining and developing a next generation mobile and tablet experience for our customers. You will help shape product strategy while driving engineering and features based on your vision. Our goal is to create a revolutionary experience for comic book fans of all types. Come help build the future of digital comics!
The candidate for this role will:
- Work closely with leadership and several geographically diverse, cross-functional teams across Amazon to champion, develop, deliver and support innovative best-in-class solutions for customers.
- Partner with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand and improve product capabilities and ship new, meaningful customer experiences.
- Manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building a great customer experience.
- Build innovative concepts and confidently champion them across the organization.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
- Enjoy solving problems, have a passion for data, and be able to analyze customer feedback, research, and usage metrics to identify improvement opportunities.