At Amazon our goal is to develop ground-breaking PC games that become cultural touchstones, redefine the boundaries of player experience, and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Join us and you’ll have the power of Twitch, Amazon Web Services, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to help shape the future of games. You’ll work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from titles like: EverQuest, H1Z1, Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Shadow of Mordor, Guild Wars, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Forza, Bioshock, and Sunset Overdrive. Amazon Game Studios is looking to take risks and invent! We believe in creating immersive, highly-engaging game experiences that cut across age, gender, and nationality. As a passionate member of the world’s technical elite, you share our belief in making the best games in the industry.
Amazon Game Studios is looking for an exceptionally skilled and enthusiastic Senior Level Designer
. In this role you must own the quality and goals of our Level team while creating the worlds and game situations for players to enjoy. You will be responsible for designing grey-box maps as well as scripting engaging scenarios and systems for a third-person, competitive, melee-action game. The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of game design theory and tools pipelines, possess strong leadership skills, production-sensibilities, and the talent to produce and implement the highest quality work.
You should be able to work independently and be comfortable with taking direction and critique on your designs. You’ll be sharing your hard-earned knowledge while working within a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, and programmers as you continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Creative Director and leads on delivering to design specifications.
- Design, build, and script levels for an exciting and innovative new project.
- Work directly with Environment Artists to create functional, fun, and visually compelling worlds.
- Collaborate closely with art, animation, programming, FX, and sound team members to achieve a top-of-class, immersive experience.
- Work with all departments on the scheduling and integration of the Game Design, as well as game feature development goals and execution.
- Collaborate with Creative Director and fellow designers on meta-game systems and AI.
- Generate documentation to clearly communicate ideas and goals to team.
- Spearhead and deliver work on time within a schedule.
- Develop data-gathering methods for game balancing and tuning through focus testing then implement changes based on the data.