Want to work on a product that can:
- Backup hundreds of TBs of customer tables in seconds
- Replicate tables across continents
- Encrypt PBs of data with no performance degradation
DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL serverless database that does all this and more!
DynamoDB provides fast and predictable performance (millisecond latencies for reads and writes) with seamless scalability. DynamoDB receives tens of millions of read and write requests per second to databases that are hundreds of TBs in size.
We are already one of the biggest distributed database systems in the world. That being said, we believe it is still Day 1 for DynamoDB and our aspirations are to grow this product by 10x in the next 2 years. We are looking for deeply technical, team first mentality individuals who are willing to commit themselves to this aspiration.
Engineers say DynamoDB is a technically challenging space that requires unique and innovative solutions. In DynamoDB, you will get to solve the hardest engineering challenges in distributed systems at massive scale. As a developer in the DynamoDB team, you will get to exercise your intellectual curiosity to its max, work with an amazing team of super sharp individuals who will help you grow your skills and career, and hone your design and architectural skills by getting to work with Principal Engineers and Senior Engineers on a daily basis.
As a senior engineer on the Control Plane team, you will be responsible for forging a strategy and architecture to provide a service that automatically adapts to customer access patterns, while at the same time reducing cost of ownership (single tenant experience, at multi-tenant prices). Our services are responsible for distributing the customer data between thousands of machines in order to ensure availability of capacity when the customer needs it, while at the same time maximizing our HW utilization. As a senior engineer you will play a big role in defining our new offerings in a way that takes advantage of your deep knowledge of industry trends and engineering tradeoffs (serverless, IOT, Adtech). The control plane services are also responsible for maintaining the service health through HW management and data redundancy. We need developers who can handle hard distributed systems problems as well as hard resource optimization problems. As a tier zero Amazon service that is growing at a very high rate our solutions have to be super solid, scalable, efficient, and extremely fault tolerant. As a senior engineer you will be designing systems to adhere to these tenets, and mentor more junior engineers. We are also rapidly adding features, both customer facing and internal. You'll be involved in both. This is a hands-on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid components to formulate strategy and evangelize technology, mentor other engineers and provide training and support for our supported technologies. You need to not only be a top software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. If you want to test your limits and tackle technical challenges you won't see anywhere else then come join our group.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Run multi engineer cross team projects. You will need to demonstrate and mentor others on project management, and prioritization.
- Be very hands-on; work with others on the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Delivery quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Perform data analysis to identify opportunities to optimize our fleet.
- Work with data scientists to understand the data they need, and build services to act on the insight from the data scientist.
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and the development team in bringing in new technologies.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
For more information about DynamoDB please visit http://aws.amazon.com/dynamodb/Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation