Amazon.com is looking for best-in-class Network Development Engineers to help deploy, scale and automate one of the world’s largest and complex networks. With Amazon Web Services, our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
As a Network Development Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
- Deploy network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services.
- Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global datacenters in both existing and new locations.
- Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the increasing demand of our customers.
- Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
- Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Create and implement changes on the network.
- Automate workflow and execution of deployments on a global scale
- Work closely with our automation teams in transitioning and defining new tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
Our ideal candidate has a proven record of delivering large quantities of peering, transit, and backbone circuits, is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills, and has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation