AR Specialist, Strategic Field Intelligence
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a self-motivated, personable, and detail-oriented Analyst Relations (AR) Specialist to help drive its field enablement programs. The AR Specialist will create, design, and manage a repository of strategic intelligence from analyst research, alternative media sources, and ongoing cloud data studies to help AWS field teams effectively communicate key differentiators for AWS services and industry solutions.
The AWS cloud computing platform is used today by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. Cloud computing is arguably one of the most impactful developments in technology within the last 20 years. AWS is a pioneer and leader in the fast growing field of cloud computing. Because of this, there are thousands of analysts worldwide who are trying to understand AWS to then help their clients realize the transformation potential of cloud computing for their business. Our role is to inform these analysts and explain how AWS is different from traditional IT infrastructure offerings, and to work with these analysts to understand core customer requirements and concerns.
The successful candidate will be a creative and driven professional with the ability to interface with AWS field teams, understand customer pain points, biases, and concerns with regard to cloud adoption, and build a functional and scalable tool of competitive analysis that accurately represents AWS’ leadership position in the marketplace. The right candidate possesses strong written and oral communications skills, the ability to manage multiple projects, and react quickly to the changing landscape of analyst and media opinion to ensure the field has the tools they need to successfully advise their key customer stakeholders. In this role, the candidate will have a direct opportunity to innovate this new AR resource program and build key measurements to evaluate its impact. He/she must be comfortable with balancing ongoing project design and management with tactical, day-to-day execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, and identifying strategic intelligence that can help our customers make informed decisions.
This role is based in Seattle, WA.
· Design, develop and manage a repository of analyst research for use as strategic intelligence
· Proactively assess and categorize key customer pain points, biases, and likely use cases to lend ongoing strategic value
· Drive field awareness of analyst trends and prevailing opinion on compete topics such as hybrid, multi-cloud, lock-in, and cloud migration
· Deliver Field updates in partnership with the WW Field Commercial Enablement and WW Public Sector Enablement teams
· Manage the Analyst Relations Data Repository (ADR) and ensure all data is relevant and updated
· In partnership with the Competitive Intelligence and Compete teams, produce field enablement resources on an as-needed basis such as FAQs and compete decks leveraging the latest analyst findings
· Stay current with NTI and social media opinion regarding AWS and its main competitors and create mechanisms to ensure the field stays informed.