Woot is the original daily deals site, founded in 2004 and snatched up by Amazon in 2010. Originally, Woot offered just one product per day until we sold out. Today, we offer special daily deals and other limited-time offers across seven categories on the Woot website. We also sell a bunch of stuff on the Amazon platform.
We are looking for an Associate Art Director in the Shirt category who is a passionate customer and category advocate with proven ability to identify and curate top-quality, relevant t-shirt designs, develop and support relationships, drive results and demonstrate proficiency with business and financial analytics. You will own curation, limited inventory management, and sales and profitability of the Shirt category. You will own the artist relationships, identifying strategic partnerships with new artists and vendors, and develop and grow existing relationships through negotiating and securing high-quality t-shirt designs for Woot customers. You'll manage the pricing for certain items in the Shirt category, ensuring they provide the right value to our customers while achieving profitability targets. You will be responsible for coordinating inventory planning, event scheduling, and product markdowns to maintain inventory health. The Associate Art Director will be a true entrepreneur and manage all aspects of your business on a daily basis.
In addition to delivering the business goals, you will be responsible for the creation of captivating visuals using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator to capture customer attention, ensuring it provides the best customer experience with clarity. This may involve rolling up your sleeves and working with the artist while the design is live to update certain aspects of the design. You will also work on key projects designed to improve processes or systems that impact the entire Woot team.
The successful Associate Art Director must:
· Be customer obsessed! We start with the customer and work backwards
· Exceed sales and profitability targets through effective design curation and management, pricing, and effectively coordinating inventory and markdowns
· Make data driven design and product curation, pricing, and financial decisions
· Effectively prioritize workload, focusing on design pipeline, artist negotiation, coordinating existing inventory, building content for sales, all while exceeding financial targets on a daily basis
· Excel in a work culture where accountability, transparency, and collaboration are the norm and where rapid deep dives into data and financial performance is a standard operating practice
· Collaborate with internal and external vendors, artists, and business partners to build and achieve input-focused plans
· Drive actionable insights from large data sets and be comfortable taking swift action on a daily basis
· Demonstrate intense bias for action. In the deals business, a new deal is shown to our customers every 24 hours so every minute matters!