Alexa is building a team of innovators who are continuing the shape the way customers connect with machines. We need a nimble and innovative multi-disciplinary UX Design Manager to help us pave the way for the next generation of Alexa experiences.
As a Senior Manager of Design, you will lead, define and drive spoken language and multimodal interfaces for Alexa Information Experiences. You and your team of Voice User Interface (VUI) and Graphic User Interface (GUI) designers will be responsible for developing best-in-class consumer experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) across devices (e.g., FireTV, Echo, Show, Spot) in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment. You will also ensure a holistic end-to-end experience across Information categories, defining templates and core guidelines for use across Alexa Information and collaborating with other Alexa and Devices teams Amazon-wide. As part of the Information Vertical team, you will sit alongside product management, engineering, user research, and business intelligence to successfully go from early stage concepts to launch. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease conceptualizing spoken and multimodal experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables.
We are looking for a design leader who can:
- Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the VUI and GUI design; follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision
- Inspire and manage others on the design team, including senior leaders in VUI and GUI.
- Together with your UX PM, plan and prioritize strategic and tactical design work in agile, sprint environment
- Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications
- Produce written documents, including creative briefs, 2-pagers, recommendations, etc.
- Collaborate with the user experience research team on user studies
- Drive the development and communication of VUI and GUI design guidelines and patterns
- Partner with the product management team to develop a shared vision and then lead a process to define the experience and design to deliver on the product’s objectives
- Partner with the technology team to ensure we leverage the scale offered by our platform without compromising on core experiential principles
- Work strategically with other executives and team members across the organization
- Partner with others in the broader design community to develop and extend the experience across the array of offerings