At Amazon, we believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the massively shared live streams and online experiences of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer, and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us!
We are looking for a studio creative director to join our Amazon Game Studios team in Orange County. Our studio is home to development for New World
, a multiplayer survival adventure we first revealed at Twitchcon 2016. We are building on Lumberyard, Amazon’s free, cloud-connected game engine, and working to advance the amazing cultural experience of gaming, from broadcasting and big worlds to large-scale social connections.
As Creative Director at AGS OC, you will shape vision and guide development for all projects at the studio. You will embed deeply with game teams, leveraging end-to-end knowledge of large scale MMO, RPG, Survival and Combat games to create emergent experiences for large populations of gamers. You will help define the gamer experience of New World
from launch through years of live service expansions, enhancements and updates. You will contribute to player experiences outside the game, in creator content, community programs, and live streams. You will be the first to spot and respond to industry trends, innovations and breakthroughs. You will shape the studio identity and strategic direction, with a stake in the public expression of everything we do. Leadership Superpowers:
- Articulate vision holder who represents and strives to delight players
- Expert at driving consensus, creating alignment, and inspiring teams
- Outstanding creative and analytical writing skills—from lore to teardowns
- Expert practitioner with deep in-engine experience implementing experience-driven designs
- Wealth of knowledge in building and managing large-scale multiplayer games
- Experience leading live service teams, balancing customer feedback with a design backlog
- Determined simplifier, capable of expressing a vision with a lean and elegant feature set
- Veteran systems designer oriented toward multiple interacting game systems
As Creative Director, you will report to the Studio Head at Amazon’s Orange County game studio. Below are the foundational responsibilities of the role.
- Establish, evangelize and own a creative vision
- Collaborate to refine product vision based on feedback
- Translate nuanced ideas into lean feature sets; create elegant solutions to solve for player experience
- Level up your creative force with hardened methods and techniques
- Provide veteran guidance on system designs which interact to produce a refined experience
- Establish guiding principles and own game lore and fiction in every expression
- Measure and refine your programs to increase impact and engagement
- Partner with leaders to emphasize player delight while building a healthy business
- Develop processes to mentor, inspire and empower studio talent