Our vision for Food Safety is to support Amazon’s mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from potential hazardous products. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Worldwide Food Safety and Compliance team as a Regional Food Safety Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly visible space and be part of a vibrant and fast-growing company! We are looking for a Regional Food Safety Manager to join our team
High-level summary of deliverables:
- Incorporate Food Safety industry best practice into product handling processes for receipt, storage, transportation, and disposal of food to ensure customer safety.
- Develop and implement processes that comply with federal, state, and local regulatory standards through collaboration with Amazon Fulfillment Centers and Suppliers.
- Develop scalable processes to audit food safety practices at Fulfillment Centers
- Create and deploy internal food safety procedures and training programs.
- Leverage technology to manage compliance processes;
- Create and monitor business metrics to track compliance and process effectiveness;
- Continuously identify and communicate improvement opportunities;
- Work with a broad set of stakeholders including retail, operations, engineering, and legal to provide food safety input to take the fulfillment center design from concept to completed design. Work with stakeholders to ensure food safety requirements are met at new fulfillment sites.