Are you passionate about taking ideas from concept to scale?
Are you relentless in your pursuit of building great products for customers, always wanting to push the boundaries?
Are you excited about working with a tightly-knit supportive team with a shared vision for the future of global payments?
Join the Amazon Payment Services Product team! We are revolutionizing payments for customers across the world, processing billions of dollars in purchases in over 150 countries. We build and operate the infrastructure that is a foundation for every Amazon business. We power the most secure and trusted commerce experiences.
We are looking for a talented individual to join us as Senior Product Manager (Technical), and connect with customers to help own and drive product strategy for an exciting new security initiative. In this role, you will work with both internal business lines as well as external customers, build out the technical product roadmap, define product features and work closely with the development teams to incorporate those features into the product. You will have the opportunity to work with a range of technical teams and accelerate Amazon’s growth. It doesn’t get bigger than this.
You are a good fit if:
- You have an instinctive understanding of a good product, and can raise the bar on customer-focused thinking.
- You can dive into technical details and ask engineers insightful questions about the services and systems you influence.
- You understand the systems and technologies behind your product, their limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons for architectural decisions.
- You are a self-starter who is able to work in an environment of high complexity and ambiguity, breaking down the big picture into actionable goals.
- You think long-term and can balance diverse and conflicting customer needs, and converge on outcomes that earn customer loyalty.
- You are able to communicate your ideas and vision through well-researched working-backwards documents like Press Releases and FAQs.
- You have persistence and grit, never hesitate to challenge the status quo with data and metrics.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the lifecycle of payments technology products and features (customer experience, vision, strategy).
- Influencing technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions, working directly with engineering managers and principal engineers.
- Identifying new opportunities and potential customers that align with product and strategic growth of the company.
- Driving product discussions, commissioning market research, usability studies and focus groups.
- Developing product plans with clear measurable success criteria, using mechanisms and metrics (KPIs, funnels, conversion, awareness).
- Evangelism, branding and marketing of the product.
Successful applicants will have experience defining products, leading cross-functional teams, and communicating to a large number of stakeholders. You’ll also need to be able to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the company, both in writing and in meetings.
On this team, you’ll get to wear many hats, work fast and smart, and iterate quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to take ownership of a strategic business priority and join a tightly-knit team tackling a very interesting and challenging opportunity.
Day to Day:
- Collaborate with internal Amazon businesses around the globe to define solutions to serve their purchase experience and payment needs
- Work backwards from the customers and internal clients to build, develop and manage the product road-map for your services and features
- Collaborate with, Sr. Engineers, Product Managers and Data Scientists to bring new innovations to the platform
- Define, track and analyze metrics related to overall performance, client metrics, operational metrics and service adoption.