The AWS Forecasting team is hiring a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer to improve the scalability and customer experience for our customers (AWS service owners) using our team’s products. Our team is responsible for growing the world's largest Cloud at the most optimized rate. The challenge is finding the optimum tradeoff between AWS service availability and fleet utilization, where a 1% improvement to utilization means millions in additional free cash flow. We own the development of methods and tools used by service owners and finance partners to forecast and plan service usage, infrastructure, and revenue. Our systems help business owners evaluate and make decisions about their service forecasts relative to their availability, utilization, revenue, and cost plans and goals. Our forecast and other demand signal outputs are used by downstream infrastructure supply chain and build organizations to drive server, network, and data center investments.
If you have a passion for improving visibility, increasing understanding, and motivating action for your customers resulting in high impact improvements in the business and operations, this is the perfect role for you. In this role, you will work directly with customers, including senior leaders, to understand their opportunities, provide insightful analyses, and build repeatable reporting processes. Your work with prevent capacity shortfalls for AWS customers, while simultaneously reducing waste to save millions of dollars.
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Write high quality SQL to retrieve and analyze data from relational databases (ex. Redshift, MySQL), using your understanding of AWS’s data resources and know how, when, and which sources to use and which not to use.
- Create user friendly repeatable reporting solutions to minimize ad hoc customer requests, which creates team thrash and a poor customer experience.
- Work directly with customers to understand the business problems at hand and propose impactful analyses and solutions. Ensure customers’ problems are solved and sustained.
- Provide requirements for teams responsible for building and maintaining data sources.
- Define and develop business critical metrics and reports across all forecasting products, key performance indicators, and financials that are consumable by a wide range functions and levels.