- PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Project management experience desired for working on cross-functional projects
- Experience in building complex, real-time software systems involving speech recognition & natural language algorithms that have been successfully delivered to customers, preferably on mobile devices.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate customer applications and interaction methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication. Able to explain complex solutions in easy-to-understand terms.
- Research track record with peer-reviewed publications in academic conferences and journals in the related areas.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation