We are building a small team of passionate people who are focused on changing the world for the better. We are starting from scratch, we are going to be scrappy, and we are going to focus on taking great care of our customers. We are going to apply the same principles that made Amazon great especially Customer Obsession and Think Big, into a new vertical. We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you’re up for a challenge, let’s talk.
In this position you will own the entire lifecycle of the systems & services in your area of focus. This includes brainstorming and design, implementation, making appropriate tradeoffs when unexpected issues arise, overseeing security, operational excellence and overall stability of such systems. You will dive deep to not only understand the system end-to-end, but also use this understanding to guide future efforts and improvements. You will actively participate in planning future work and provide inputs for work prioritization. You will outline paths from prototype to product. you will actively collaborate with engineers and senior engineers from other focus areas on the project, displays subject matter expertise and influences integration and usage patterns by dependent systems. You will contribute to the professional development of colleagues through mentoring, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team. You will have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards.
We are looking for someone who understands developing innovative services in the cloud, leveraging the best technologies AWS has to offer, and can build software at scale. We need someone who is motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with technologies to rapidly produce prototypes.
· Be heavily involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting experiences.
· Design new, scalable, secure, and reliable features that drive real-time data, video, and audio solutions.
· Know how to integrate data from a large number of services.
· Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
· Deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
· Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire services team for development.
· Mentor team members to promote engineering excellence