We are building a nimble team of passionate people to explore the unknown and bring a concept into a product that will change the world for the better. We are starting from scratch, we are going to be scrappy, and we are going to focus on building an amazing experience for our customer and a new product of its kind. We are going to apply the same principles that made Amazon great especially Customer Obsession, Think Big, and Invent and Simplify to our work. We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you’re up for a challenge, let’s talk.
As a founding member of the team, you will work alongside with product management, research, design, and engineering (EE/ME) to define and build this new product. This position requires deep customer focus, the ability to dive deep and invent, and the ability to make hard decisions fast.
The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the system architectures and module designs of a new product. You will be the owner of all aspects of ME product design, tinkering with motors/robotics, and hacking the prototypes. The ideal candidate has experience designing and analyzing mechanical systems and has experience in medium to high volume manufacturing, and most importantly, the “maker” mindset to get your hands dirty esp. in the early stages.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup like environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for:
- Leading, identifying, and evaluating solution designs with specific domain focus on robotics (including gripping) and mobility
- Hands-on building new, innovative mechatronic systems
- Developing advanced technology platforms that can be broadly applied
- Evaluating total system cost of ownership for new robotics opportunities
- Documenting detailed product requirements
- Work closely with engineering (EE, SDE), Industrial design, UX, product management, and research to drive new product development programs from concept to production
- Maintaining high level of communications with cross-functional team, and partners
- Mentoring colleagues