The EC2 Enterprise business is a dynamic, fast-growing business that serves developers and Enterprise customers running critical workloads on AWS. The EC2 Enterprise team in Palo Alto is responsible for driving the growth of this business by deeply understanding our customers’ needs and working to make it easy and affordable for customers to migrate and run their Enterprise workloads on AWS.
Today, the EC2 Enterprise business is significant and growing rapidly, but we believe it has the potential to be much bigger and grow faster. We are seeking a dynamic, results-oriented leader to take the EC2 Enterprise business to the next level.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the potential of cloud computing, have a deep understanding of Enterprise customers, and a desire to build customer-centric products in a highly competitive market. This leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a high-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. The candidate is a strong leader who prioritizes well, communicates clearly and compellingly, and understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. The candidate is also a seasoned, mature leader with strong engineering skills, and is comfortable building teams, developing staff, and building a culture of high quality and efficient execution.
The Senior Software Development Manager (Sr. SDM) of EC2 Enterprise in Palo Alto will have responsibility for leading many aspects of our offerings, including the product portfolio, operations, and the product roadmap. They will hire and lead a team of software developers, program managers, and development managers to build and grow our Enterprise business to meet a broad range of developer and customer needs. They will also develop resource requirements, influence our long-term technical strategy, help us hire talented teams of engineers, and ultimately enable us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
The Sr. SDM role leading the EC2 Enterprise business represents a rare opportunity to define and drive the next wave of Enterprise computing into the cloud. Position Responsibilities:
- Recruit, develop, and lead a cross-functional development and operations team focused on our Enterprise business.
- Lead the development of technical product strategies to grow the EC2 Enterprise business and compete in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Lead design, implementation, and deployment of a product roadmap to support customer needs and operational excellence.
- Demonstrate high levels of creativity and good technical judgment.
- Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends.
- Contribute to Amazon’s Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.