Consumers are projected to take over a trillion photos and videos, and Amazon Photos is one of Amazon's newest and fastest growing Prime benefits. We provide unlimited, original resolution photo storage for Prime members who now have a simple, secure place to store their existing collections of photos, automatically upload new photos as they are taken, and access them anytime, anywhere, at no additional cost.
The Amazon Photos Sharing team is looking for a Software Development Manager who is passionate about creating amazing customer experiences. As a leader of the Amazon Photos Sharing team, you will have the unique opportunity to shape and build new core features based on the Amazon Photos technology. You will have a visible impact in helping customers enjoy and share their most cherished digital assets. We are building products that make it effortless for customers to protect what matters to them, no matter what device or platform that the content lives on.
In this role you will be leading a team responsible for creating world-class photos sharing experiences. You must be willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, and performance. You will ensure that engineering best practices are followed and that software is designed to be responsive, reliable and maintainable.
You should have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development, be able to provide technical leadership to the team, and have a deep understanding of best practices in various languages/technologies. You should love creating things and take great personal pride in building great customer facing experiences.Responsibilities:
What you will get from us:
- Develop and execute against organizational roadmaps, goals, and strategies
- Be a key influencer in the product vision, working with design and product to build software that millions will use.
- Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence: establish metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence and a process for regular assessment and improvement
- Hire and develop top performing engineers'Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to your team members
- Build a team of software developers that know how to communicate with one another and deliver excellent results through rapid iteration
A great team to work with and the chance to build a top tier product at a proven top tier company. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. You will get support and resources from some of the smartest people in the industry to continue your personal growth. You will build software that will improve people’s lives and help them remember their most precious moments.