Alexa is building a team of innovators who are continuing the shape the way customers connect with machines. We need a nimble and innovative Multi-disciplinary UX Design Manager to help us pave the way for the next generation of Alexa experiences.
This role on the Alexa Voice Experience team will influence product strategy, organize our standards for process, quality, and engagement, actively hire and mentor a multi-disciplinary UX staff, collaborate with product and engineering partners, and take an active role in leadership activities that benefit the larger organization. This leader should be unequivocally comfortable getting into the problem and solution details, guiding the creative and research work, and people management and leadership.
The UX Design Manager will collaborate with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires laser-like customer focus, a data-driven approach, and awareness of current practices for multimodal UX design and research. The ideal candidate will expertly navigate through ambiguous situations, will own products and projects with minimal supervision and thrive in a start-up like environment that is both rapid and rewarding.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Lead, inspire and mentor a multidisciplinary team of UX Designers and Researchers
- Create the vision for developing, communicating and implementing the user experience design for multiple products across platforms; follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision
- Conduct and build in-house capabilities for user research, to test and validate design concepts with end users
- Deliver business vision using design artefacts such as Information Architecture, Task flow and High-Fidelity mocks and prototypes
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications, guidelines and pattern libraries
- Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
- Analyze customer problems and lead your team in creating on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Plan and prioritize initiatives and resources; manage projects; ensure that all designs are executed on time and at the highest quality levels
- Regularly present the team’s work to senior managers and executives for review and feedback