Are you deeply curious about web technologies? Are you interested in learning about cloud computing, DevOps, and programming? Are you a good writer? If so, you might be interested in a position as a Technical Writer at Amazon Web Services (AWS).
As an AWS Technical Writer, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented technical team to produce technical documentation in a cross-functional, distributed environment. Amazon.com is committed to being a leader in the web services marketplace, and one of the key measures of success is how well we support the developers who use AWS products. The documentation team plays a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to understand.
The ideal candidate has a technical aptitude that enables effective interaction with other Technical Writers, Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers. In addition, the ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and the ability to deliver high-quality technical publications. Key Responsibilities
- Drive documentation planning with engineering teams
- Produce high-quality documentation for a web service
- Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver conceptual, how-to, and API reference docs for AWS products
- Make suggestions for updating or improving our doc standards
- Work as part of a team to produce for AWS products
- Conduct peer edits for grammar, style, voice, and form
- Help define writing projects and determine priorities
- Work on an exploratory project, such as an interactive tutorial, a notebook, or your own great idea
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com