- Experience developing distributed software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Tags: Amazon Alexa, Alexa, Amazon Echo, Echo, Java, C++, object oriented, Rails, Linux, machine learning, ML, large scale distributed systems, virtualization, high availability, speech and language understanding, NLU, ASR, NLP, Amazon Software Development Engineer, SDE, Sr. SDE, Senior SDE, Seattle Engineer, Software Engineer, Sr. Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Sr. Software Development Engineer, Senior Software Development Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Sr. Software Developer, Senior Software Developer, Software Developer, developer tools, Alexa AI, Natural Language Understanding, Artificial Intelligence