We believe cloud is the new normal and it is propelling organizations to adopt cloud technologies to fuel transformative business initiatives. Our customers are interested in leveraging AWS to increase agility, improve security, reduce costs and expand globally.
AWS Solutions Architects (SA) are at the forefront of this change. SA's help our customers build highly scalable, flexible, resilient, secure and cost-effective cloud architectures. As a trusted customer advocate, the SA helps organizations adopt advanced cloud-based solutions and migrate existing on premises workloads to the cloud. In this role, SA's will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS technologies for large, strategic customers.
The ideal candidate should possess a breadth of technical knowledge as well as depth in one or two areas of interest. A successful candidate will exhibit a firm grasp of technical fundamentals and the ability to learn complex new technologies quickly. A "builder" mentality that is not afraid to be hands-on and willing to build demos and prototypes is an asset. The ideal candidate will also possess customer-facing skills that will allow them to be a strong advocate of AWS within the customer's environment. They should be comfortable driving discussions with a wide range of customer personnel from enterprise architects to developers regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the customer technical engagement, working cross-organizationally to facilitate widespread use and adoption of the AWS platform, and developing deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- Educate strategic customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Conduct and share best-practice knowledge within the AWS solutions architect community
- As a key member of the account team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- Author or contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Act as a technical liaison between customers and product teams and help evolve the AWS platform
- Position requires travel -- generally, between 0 - 25%