Audible is looking for an organized, energetic and enthusiastic candidate to join the fast paced world of Accounting and Finance. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference and have an impact our business. We’re looking for exceptional people with accounting and related finance experience combined with systems knowledge, a customer service passion, analytical, auditing and problem solving skills.
The position of Staff Accountant, in accordance with established policies and procedures, will be directly responsible for a variety of accounting duties; including the preparation and processing of journal entries including daily sales and cash receipts entries, preparing balance sheet account reconciliations, maintenance of the fixed asset sub ledger, purchase order processing, and vendor data collection and maintenance.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, a quick learner, and will have the ability to efficiently manage various high-priority responsibilities. Candidate must possess advanced excel skills, have experience working with large data files, and extensive experience in analyzing transactional data. Database knowledge is highly desired.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the entries and maintenance of the general ledger by ensuring proper, accurate, and timely recording of transactions in accordance with GAAP and Company policies.
- Review and analyze transactional source documentation and prepare monthly balance sheet account analysis and reconciliations including roll-forwards.
- Support current Internal Control environment to ensure that accounting records are accurate and in compliance with GAAP. Document current processes and procedures as necessary.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and monthly reconciliation of the fixed asset sub-ledger including the proper recording of asset additions, cost adjustments, retirements and disposals in accordance with Company policies.
- Primary responsibility for recording and reconciling all intercompany related transactions for our international subsidiaries including monthly foreign exchange (FX) adjustments.
- Serve as liaison for ensuring the timely and accurate recording and reconciliation of monthly parent company push-down entries.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation and recording of daily sales and credit card deposits journal entries.
- Maintain accurate supplier information which includes the setup of new vendors and corresponding banking information.
- Assist in the processing, review and maintenance of the Company’s purchase order system in accordance with Company polices.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.