Amazon is building some of the largest distributed systems in the world, and we need smart people. As a member of Amazon's Corporate Infrastructure team, you can help build the foundation for Amazon services.
We provide Amazon builders with secure and transparent foundational services anywhere they need them. We are seeking a passionate and motivated engineer to participate on a team of Linux Systems Engineers and Developers.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day, systems engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
As a Systems Development Engineer you will:
- Have end to end ownership of major engineering projects within the Corporate Infrastructure space
- Build and rollout systems to multiple global regions
- Create processes that can be leveraged to help drive efficiencies and quality
- Work closely with our internal customers to help alleviate their problems and meet their demands
- Work on new designs/solutions, bringing them from concept to in life operations
- Create and update our infrastructure and security standards and ensure that the systems adheres these standards
- Review and implement changes on the systems utilizing thorough test plans
- Work closely with our automation teams to assist in defining the tools we require
- Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our system quality and reliability
- Work with a wide range of technologies
- Work on a variety of hardware platforms across multiple vendors
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of delivering large-scale engineering projects. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This is an amazing opportunity in terms of responsibility, interesting challenges and high visibility. We truly are looking for the highest quality candidates, so you should expect a rigorous technical interview process.