Take the earth's most customer-centric company and the opportunity to use your software skills to build and improve algorithms and systems to define the product and features we build for hundreds of millions of customers. What do you get? The most exciting software job in the industry - PERIOD.
Prime Photos is helping customers enjoy and share their most cherished digital assets. We are building products that make it easy for customers to protect what matters to them, no matter the device or platform that content lives on. We are defining and delivering new products and features that will change how people view the cloud. Who you are
If you are a strong applied scientist with a background in computer vision, who is passionate about working with massive amounts of data to improve the lives of millions of customers, then this is the right opportunity for you.
In Prime Photos we have unique opportunities to help people connect with their most valuable experiences, and making these opportunities a reality requires innovative machine learning and computer vision. The kind of opportunities we have are not a repeat of problems described in academic papers in either scale or depth. Our users trust us to store their full collection of photos and videos over time and across all their life experiences and learning and reinforcing what matters to them is key to delighting our users
As a Computer Vision Scientist, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges and mentor other scientists in our team. Given that this is an early-stage effort, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into elegant, beautiful solutions and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within our team. You will take on challenging, novel situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You'll need to be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and love the idea of solving problems that haven’t been solved at scale before - anywhere. When you join our team, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
You will work with a team of highly skilled and motivated engineers and scientists, who are building the next generation of Amazon Cloud Drive products at Amazon, using machine learning and deep learning. As part of your job, you will deal with large amounts of training data, define the models, rapidly prototype new models that meet stringent performance requirements, perform offline and online testing, push these models to production, and define the direction our product, performance, and features take. What you will do here
What you will get from us
- Help invent, build and monitor the performance of state-of-the-art computer vision models for a variety of different tasks. The scale as well as diversity of data for crafting these models is unlike what would be encountered in any academic and in most industry settings.
- Collaborate with data engineers and software developers on building data pipelines to ingest, process and analyze the data that are important for the computer vision models.
- Collaborate with software developers on how to productionize the models at Amazon scale.
- Be proactive in understanding and questioning the quality of the provided data. Provide ways to monitor the quality of the data that is needed for building the computer vision models and mitigate noisy data when necessary.
- Be proactive in diving deep on the strengths and weaknesses of these models, continuously evaluating them and suggesting ways to quantify the patterns of errors that the models make.
- Have fun!
A great team to work with and the chance to build a premier service at an attested top tier company. You will be part of a startup like culture with the stability of an established industry leader. You will get support and resources from some of the smartest people in the industry to continue your personal growth. You will build software that will improve people’s lives.