Audible is seeking a proactive, hands-on, enthusiastic and inquisitive individual for the role of Communications Specialist. This position will report to the VP, Internal Communications within the Global Corporate Affairs team and will play a key role in informing and engaging employees through compelling two-way internal communications. Join the company that invented digital audiobooks, is the largest seller and producer in the fastest-growing format in publishing, and is a leading destination for digital entertainment. This position is based at our loft-style HQ in Newark, NJ – 20 minutes from Manhattan.
This role will have responsibility for supporting internal communications initiatives for Audible, with a key focus on writing internal news articles and other features using various written, audio and video formats, developing messaging for company communication and carrying out research and other editorially driven projects on behalf of the Internal Communications team. The role requires strong communication and presentation skills (both written and oral), good proofreading and copy-editing skills that support effective narrative documents, presentations and speeches, and an understanding of the evolving communications landscape.
The successful candidate has a passion for powerful storytelling and is able to work in a team environment and build effective relationships across the organization, and can react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround. The role also requires the ability to draw upon research skills as well as editorial judgment to best enhance company communications and projects in development. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Internal Communications team to amplify our communications efforts across an array of channels with messaging and stories that inspire internal enthusiasm and employee engagement
- Contribute to and develop internal communications team materials by writing drafts for emails and internal newsletters, interviewing stakeholders, proofreading and fact checking, identifying relevant data and selecting sources for materials
- Develop and manage editorial calendar for internal stories and news
- Adapt messaging and communications vehicles and formats as needed, including identification of new communications channels, to ensure messages are well received
- Provide ongoing content management (posting, updating, quality assurance and brand compliance)
- Work in a variety of communications platforms: emails, video, audio, intranet, digital signage, etc.
- Manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
- Use metrics, data and related insights to help drive programs and activities