Would you like to join a team focused on producing high-quality technical publications for Amazon Web Services (AWS)? Do you have the software development skills and deep technical background necessary to help maintain Amazon as the premier player in cloud computing and web services technology?
We have an exciting opportunity on the team to write documentation for AWS Lambda and/or AWS IoT. Both the serverless space and the Internet of Things (IoT) space are rapidly growing areas, and we're looking for writers to help document new features and continuously improve existing docs based on customer feedback.
As a Senior Programmer Writer at AWS, you get to work with a stellar technical team to produce product documentation in a cross-functional, distributed environment.
Amazon.com is deeply committed to being a leader in the web services marketplace, and one of the key measures of success is how well we support the vibrant developer community that consumes the AWS products. Our technical publications team plays a vital role in getting customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to understand.
The ideal candidate has a technical background that enables her or him to interact effectively with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers. In addition, the ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
- Drive documentation planning with engineering teams.
- Produce high-quality documentation for AWS Lambda or AWS IoT.
- Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver documentation for AWS products.
- Work as part of a team to produce conceptual, how-to, and API reference documentation for AWS products.
- Conduct peer edits for grammar, style, and form.
- Help define writing projects and determine priorities.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com