The Strategic Recruiting Team (SRT) focuses on building top specialized talent communities in Design and Applied Research, including Machine Learning (ML), Computer Vision, Speech Recognition/Natural Language Processing, Optimization, Economics, Sustainability, Hardware, Data Science and Robotics globally at Amazon. We build teams in emerging fields and recruit senior Design and Science leaders. As a core talent function, we also develop Amazon's presence at key gatherings, drive academic relations and facilitate internal community efforts. Our efforts support Amazon's development of new businesses, such as Alexa and Amazon Go while ensuring state-of-the-art research and design are at the forefront of Amazon's more mature organizations.
As a key member of the leadership team, the Strategic Recruiting Team Program Manager will function as a "Chief of Staff" for the team. This impactful position requires superior analytical strength, attention to detail, open communication and the ability to work autonomously on assigned projects. In this role, the Program Manager will partner with SRT's leadership team and a wide array of Amazon stakeholders to manage stakeholder communication, team metrics, and our team calendar of significant milestones. The role demands a strong sense of urgency and the ability to make sound judgement. An ideal candidate will be flexible with new changes while maintaining a high level of professionalism with senior leaders and team members. As a strategist and implementer, the successful candidate will ensure streamlined activities within the organization based on the priorities of the SRT leadership team. The "Chief of Staff" will handle day-to-day management of trends and data to allow the Director to focus on growing our business. The right candidate for the role will contribute to the long-term success of a growing team.Key Responsibilities:
- Drive content development for monthly and quarterly business reviews and stakeholder communication.
- Own data/analytics gathering and analysis for team dashboards of operational, headcount and financial information.
- Program manage our annual planning process.
- Maintain team operational calendar, including product/goal milestones, trainings/curriculum, program and goal reviews.
- Drive recurring analysis of demand forecast.
- Identify opportunities to improve the health of a growing multi-faceted organization.