We are starting a brand new initiative within one of the most widely used and highest RPS services in AWS - DynamoDB. DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL database that provides fast and predictable performance with seamless scalability. DynamoDB receives tens of millions of read and write requests per second to databases that are hundreds of TBs in size.
Engineers say DynamoDB is a technically challenging space that requires unique and innovative solutions. This initiative is one of the most technically challenging initiative within DynamoDb itself and aims to makes life simple for customers.
This initiative requires solving the hardest engineering challenges in distributed systems at massive scale. As a developer working on this initiative, you will get to exercise your intellectual curiosity to its max, you will get to work with an amazing team of super sharp individuals who will help you grow your skills and career, you will hone your design and architectural skills by getting to work with Principal Engineers and Senior Engineers on a daily basis. In addition, you will work on a brand new codebase and have the flexibility to shape it with your imagination.
We are looking for deeply technical, team first mentality individuals who are willing to push themselves in order to make this initiative a success. This will be a hands on position where you will do everything from designing, implementing rock solid components, launching a new service iteratively, mentoring other engineers as well as evangelizing the work done by your team.
If you are a software developer looking to tackle technical challenges at a scale that you won't see anywhere else then come join our team. Position Responsibilities
- Lead design, implementation, and deployment of successful highly distributed, large scale services.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Be very hands-on; work with others on the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Deliver quality features on-time and on-budget and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.