Amazon Lumberyard is a free AAA game engine deeply integrated with AWS and Twitch – with full source. The Lumberyard team aspires to help game developers create the highest quality games, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their games to the vast compute and storage of the cloud.
We’re just getting started with Lumberyard. We have an excellent team with long tenure building some of the industry’s most respected games, but we are still growing fast. We’re looking for pioneers who can imagine and deliver world-class technology for tomorrow’s most celebrated games. We’re looking for the best people in the industry to join our team of veterans. If you’re excited about the opportunity to invent and build with the entire sandbox of Amazon’s ecosystem, including AWS and Twitch, we want to talk to you.
As a software development manager for the Systems team, you will be a creative problem solver who enjoys solving low level game engine challenges providing developers the ability to build in a world-class development environment. We are looking for a tech-savvy lead who is obsessive about usability, efficiency, and building innovative technology that lets game developers build great games without constraint. The person in this role is comfortable about pushing boundaries, removing bottlenecks, and pushing his team to create functionality easy enough for any game developer to pick and use.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for the developent of the Lumberyard core systems including components, virtual machines and advanced diagnostics.
- Develop project plans and commitments for your team then deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Hire world-class game developers, and retain them.
- Coach your team members and grow their capabilities over time.
- Participate in the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and engaging features that delight customers.