Manage a high performing team of engineers to build an International Platform for Audible. The SDM is responsible for the following:
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
- Building country agnostic single components (micro services, front end, mobile web views, mobile apps…) that can serve multiple surfaces (desktop web, mobile web, native apps)
- Formulating technical solution that can cater to multiple business model, feature toggle, varying user experience & localization
- Opportunity to learn and templatize on-boarding of Amazon e-commerce systems (Payments, Content, Infrastructure, Search, Discovery, Recommendations…)
We're a part of Amazon, they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's technologies like EC2, SQS and S3 but it doesn't stop there. Audible's built on Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ tps) services that support millions of customers worldwide we want to hear from you. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own key components within our platform. "Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building and supporting. These services need to operate with a high degree of operational excellence (we measure EVERYTHING).
- Support our developers. "Support" means be the go-to-person for questions but never be a bottle-neck, see around the corner and anticipate developers' needs, host brown bags, knowledge-transfer sessions and generally evangelize the platform.
- Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
- Be willing to explore and learn un-prompted. Bring problems AND solutions to the table.
- Lead the way - "Lead" means staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.