Want to work with cutting-edge technologies like distributed databases, blockchain, cryptography and cloud computing? Interested in helping customers leverage new technologies to solve innovative use cases? Come join the AWS Blockchain Templates team!
The AWS Blockchain Templates team is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer who is passionate about building new products and services using new technologies such as distributed databases, cryptography, blockchain, and distributed ledgers. You would be a core part of defining the technical direction and culture of the team. This is a great opportunity for you to interact directly with customers and influence definition and design from scratch.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced software development engineer who is excited to work on distributed ledgers, blockchain, cloud scale software and architectures and has a proven track record of delivering outstanding products at scale. We are looking for software engineers who have worked with the latest technologies such as blockchain, machine learning, distributed systems, cryptography, containers, distributed datastores, and scale-out processing frameworks.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Own the software development process end-to-end, including working with stakeholders to determine requirements, designing, architecting, planning, implementing, testing, and operating new systems and features
- Bring a deep understanding of software development in a team, software development methodologies and scheduling, a track record of shipping software on time and services development to this high-accountability role
- Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members
- Play a critical role in developing the broad plan for the business, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements. Help form long-term technical and business strategy and goals
- Have experience operating services to deliver both high quality and high availability
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate proven technical leadership
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Have experience with distributed systems, and experience building data processing solutions is a plus
- Engaging with and contributing to relevant open source projects
We are building new AWS services and features from the ground up, offering a unique opportunity for engineers who want to help define, design, build, and operate cloud services that are changing the world and enabling our customers. Additionally, you will get to collaborate with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry and join a fast-paced and growing team in one of the most innovative technology companies. Come join us to Work Hard, Have Fun, and Make History!