Alexa is the groundbreaking, cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Alexa Data Service (ADS) is building the science and technology team to contribute to providing high quality labelled data. ADS’s mission as a provider of high-quality labeled data at high-speed and low-cost for Machine Learning technologies that enable Alexa’s expansion across Devices, Countries, Languages, and Domains is: To help Alexa AI Invent foundational machine learning technologies for anyone to build intelligent conversational interfaces for any device, application, language, and environment. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team!
We’re looking for a passionate and talented Research Scientist to help make data-driven improvements to our Natural Language Processing (NLP), Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and dialogue models and algorithms in order to ensure that the labeled data that ADS produces leads to the best possible models that in turn provide the best-possible experience for our customers. As a Research Scientist with the Alexa team, you will:
- Work with large amounts of real-world conversational data
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including data collection, ground truth generation, normalization, and transformation
- Clean, analyze, and select data to achieve goals
- Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
- Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds
- Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions