Amazon’s Selection Monitoring team is responsible for making the biggest catalog on the planet even bigger. We build software to find products not already sold on Amazon and algorithmically add them to the Amazon catalog. We work on building state-of-the-art information retrieval infrastructure, extracting structured-data from unstructured-content, automatic item classification, storage systems to hold the massive catalog and distributed systems of cloud-scale. We apply parallel processing and machine learning algorithms to evaluate millions of products every day and to identify and prioritize new additions to Amazon’s selection efficiently. We constantly stretch the boundaries of cloud-scale distributed systems, elastic computing, and big data to tackle business challenges at Amazon scale. If you are customer obsessed, driven, tenacious and analytical, you will have fun solving our business problems of unprecedented scale. You will develop deep technical expertise and learn designing large scale distributed, service-oriented systems. Come join us in our journey to make everything – and yes, we do mean *everything* – that anyone wants to buy, available on Amazon!
The ideal candidate will have excellent product management, program management, problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. In addition, the ability to work backwards and think about the program from a customer perspective is crucial.
You must be able to:
- Understand your customers and their pain points; work with your users and stakeholders to find solutions that help them enable their scenarios.
- Drive execution of cross-team projects from inception to launch, formulate product vision and strategy, define and prioritize road maps, define user stories.
- Work closely with software development teams on defining, designing and delivering high-quality products; provide feedback on architecture, design, and priorities.
- Engage with teams across Amazon to evangelize your team's products and build relationships.
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs balancing the business needs vs. constraints
- Clearly communicate plan and project status to management and key technical and business stakeholders