Amazon is looking for a passionate candidate with the proven ability to build and drive core buying functions for its Health and Personal Care category. The successful candidate will aggressively expand the business in the Sports Nutrition industry by developing multi-year strategies, initiating brand relationships, driving business development, negotiating contracts, developing marketing plans, and monitoring / reacting to industry trends. You will have full P&L responsibility from top line to operating margin. We expect the candidate to be a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon. You will be an effective leader and communicator, with strong business acumen, acute analytical skills, and the demonstrated ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve complex problems. And your success will partly depend on your ability to build and develop an effective team of specialists to tackle vendor-level opportunities and build scalable solutions. These individuals will thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment which rewards strong leadership
The ideal candidates should have experience in forging and building brand relationships, planning product cycles, strong negotiations and critical thinking skills; eCommerce and digital marketing experience is a plus. The right candidates will be flexible, action and results oriented, self-starting, have strong analytical skills, and be comfortable with computer databases and tools. He or she must have a proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage Amazon.com’s business relationships with large Health & Personal Care brands to drive topline and bottomline growth
- Improve the selection, profitability, operations and customer experience for Amazon.com’s Health & Personal Care categories
- Negotiate effectively with vendors to establish joint goals, improve cost structure, and sustainably grow the P&L
- Concisely represent your business to senior Amazon leadership through reporting, business reviews, financial planning sessions, and escalations
- Work cross-functionally with counterparts across in-stock management, marketing, finance, Amazon programs, and retail systems to operate and grow the categories
- Continually improve and automate manual processes to enable you and your team to scale better as the business grows